P R Datla: 2011 – present
Equity and Debt Fund Raise
- Worked closely with the Chairman’s Office of a large infrastructure company with diversified interests in power, ports, roads, and EPS works.
- Working with a large infrastructure company with diversified interest for monetizing of BOT assets.
- Working with a promoter of an SEZ property in structuring the foreign direct investment which entails providing advice on regulatory and tax implications for the proposed investment.
- Working with a Healthtech IT company in assisting them in raising equity funds from HNIs / PE Funds.
- Working closely with the Chairman’s office and the Director within the Company charged with handling disputes.
Tax and Regulatory Advisory
- Tax and regulatory note on restructuring Indian operations for a company.
- Prepared a presentation on tax and regulatory implications of foreign investment in operating lease operations in India and available funding opportunities for the Indian company.
Violet Arch, Mumbai, Internship
- Assisted in preparing sector overview for sectors such as Infrastructure, Health Care, Financial Services, and Hospitality.
- Involved in creating profiles and information memorandum for a leading Indian based retail chain for sell-side pitch.
BMR & Associates, Mumbai, Internship: 2007 – 2010
Financial Services and Others
- Assisted in developing in-house software, in the capacity of a domain expert, for computing capital gains for foreign institutional investors for investment in the Indian capital markets.
- Advised on the regulatory implications and viability of raising funds through issuing equity-linked debentures by reviewing the FDI Policy, the NBFC Regulations, Securities Contracts Regulation Act, and other relevant regulation.
Private Equity Advisory
Provided comprehensive assistance to (i) a co-mingled fund, (ii) a distressed debt fund, and (iii) a domestic fund in order to determine their overall structure along with their associated entities.
International Tax Structuring and Tax Advisory
- Advised on risks associated with (i) a permanent establishment, (ii) association of persons.
- Advised on prospective outbound investment in companies based in Singapore and Australia, in this regard, have conducted (i) jurisdictional analysis by reviewing the tax treaties and local tax laws and (ii) proposed several funding options based on the analysis of ECB Policy, FDI Policy, FEMA Regulations, and other notifications.